The Literacy Coalition of Colorado promotes and fosters adult literacy in all forms with ongoing professional development opportunities, volunteer training and referrals, and other projects to meet the changing needs of adult literacy agencies in Colorado. We are dedicated to supporting programs whose mission is adult education, in all forms, and the opportunities these programs create so businesses can hire, people can work and families can thrive.
Benefits of Literacy
What We Do
- Education and Family Literacy
- Professional Development
- Volunteer Recruitment, Training, & Placement
- Networking Adult Literacy Providers and Advocates
- Currently, over 200 volunteers offer tutoring and additional instruction in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, language, and life skills.
- Connecting adult literacy programs with collaborators and learners across
- Since 1980, the LCC has provided training for numerous of teachers and volunteers.
- Member programs serve up to 10,000 learners per year.