- Curtis Graves
- Curtis is an employment law attorney for Employers Council, headquartered in Denver. Employers Council is a non-profit membership organization of more than 3,000 employers in 11 states throughout the Rocky Mountain region and beyond. Curtis specializes in legal issues surrounding drug use by employees, unemployment compensation, and corporate training. With his talent for editing copy, Curtis has been a newspaper reporter, staff writer, copywriter, before eventually becoming an attorney.
- Judy Hartman, CPA
- Judy is a staff auditor at Kundinger, Corder & Engle, P.C., a firm that audits not-for-profits in the Denver metro area. Judy has been an avid reader for as long as she can remember, and believes this love of reading has shaped who she is. Judy currently serves as Treasurer for the LCC.
- Lisa Case Hill
- Lisa is a senior accountant at eXp Realty. She is also a writer, editor, and experienced entrepreneur. Lisa has degrees in both accounting and photography and is currently pursuing a certificate in editing from the University of California, Berkeley Extension. She is currently the newsletter editor for the LCC.
- Katherine L. Martinez
- Kathy retired after 38 years of service with the U.S. Department of the Interior. She held various accounting management positions during her career. Her favorite role was as an Indian Financial Liaison with other DOI agencies, Tribes, and individual Indian mineral owners. She is the Director of the English as a Second Language-Citizenship Program at Arvada Untied Methodist Church.
- Fabiana Nardi
- Fabiana brings 22 years of experience as a strategic People Management consultant, adult education trainer and business development executive to companies of all sizes in America and internationally. She works as a strategic business partner and nurtures long-term relationship consultancy practices with her clients. Fabiana is a certified executive lead assessor of Korn Ferry International. Originally from São Paulo, Brazil, Fabiana speaks English as her second language and Spanish, and also brings her personal experience as a way to help LCC better attend their targeted community by understanding their needs and challenges.
- Jo Schantz
- Jo is the executive director of the Jefferson County Library Foundation. For nearly 30 years, she has worked in the nonprofit realm as a fundraiser, an agency liaison, a media spokesperson, and an organizational leader. Her personal goal is to promote reading and literacy throughout the metro area. She will serve the LCC in marketing, strategic partnerships, relationship building, and expanded community outreach.
- Virginia (Ginnie) Spellman
- Ginnie has a passion for volunteering. Her dream was to be a teacher specializing in reading. There were some “bumps in the road” along the way and the path took her to Corporate America. Ginnie is a Client Services specialist at Merrill Lynch/Bank of America. She currently serves as Secretary for the LCC board.
- Dorothea Steinke
- Dorothea is an adult numeracy specialist and a frequent presenter at state and national adult education conferences. Soon after she and her husband retired to Colorado in 2002, Dorothea began using her math expertise as a volunteer tutor for one of the member organizations of the Literacy Coalition of Colorado. Dorothea then went on to teach developmental math at Front Range Community College for five years. She has been a board member of the Literacy Coalition of Colorado since 2008. She currently serves as Board Chair.
- Cindy Welsh
- Cindy is a semi-retired librarian, most recently serving as the Outreach connection for the High Plains Library District in Weld County. She and husband Mike are long-time Greeley residents.
- Carole Youngren.
- Carole became interested in adult literacy in 2009 when she was studying to become a teacher of English as a Foreign Language for adults in Boston. Following her TEFL training, she earned a teaching license in Adult Basic Education at the University of Minnesota. Now she works in Denver and Longmont with adults from all over the world who need literacy and English language skills.
Please CONTACT LCC if you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors.
LOGIN to the secure Board Member section.