- Dawn Barnhart
- Dawn is a UX/UI/Web design professional at Equus Software. In addition, she owned and operated her web design firm for 10+ years. In her spare time she mentors immigrants in the Refugee and Asylee program through Rocky Mountain Lutheran Family Services in Denver.
- Katherine LaCoste
- Kat is an attorney with LaCoste Law, LLC in Denver. Prior to starting her own firm, she served as an in-house counsel with Colorado Access, a nonprofit health plan that offers access to physical and behavioral health care services for medically underserved Coloradans. In 2017, she was appointed by the Governor to the Colorado Commission on Low Income Energy Assistance. She comes to the board with experience as a commercial ESL teacher and tutor, and experience teaching ESL graduate students.
- Fabiana Nardi
- Fabiana brings 22 years of experience as a strategic People Management consultant, adult education trainer and business development executive to companies of all sizes in America and internationally. She works as a strategic business partner and nurtures long-term relationship consultancy practices with her clients. Fabiana is a certified executive lead assessor of Korn Ferry International. Originally from São Paulo, Brazil, Fabiana speaks English as her second language and Spanish, and also brings her personal experience as a way to help LCC better attend their targeted community by understanding their needs and challenges.
- Lauri Nitz
- Lauri brings to the board over 30 years experience in marketing. She is currently the senior coordinator for the Forbes M+A Group in Greenwood Village. Her specialties are market analysis and business and marketing plan development. When she lived in Nevada, she became involved in adult education as volunteer reading tutor. She also represented the public as a gubernatorial appointee to the Nevada State Council on Libraries and Literacy from 1989 to 1995.
- Katherine L. Martinez
- Kathy retired after 38 years of service with the U.S. Department of the Interior. She held various accounting management positions during her career. Her favorite role was as an Indian Financial Liaison with other DOI agencies, Tribes, and individual Indian mineral owners. She is the Director of the English as a Second Language-Citizenship Program at Arvada Untied Methodist Church. She currently serves as Secretary to the LCC board.
- Dorothea Steinke
- Dorothea is an adult numeracy specialist and a frequent presenter at state and national adult education conferences. Soon after she and her husband retired to Colorado in 2002, Dorothea began using her math expertise as a volunteer tutor for one of the member organizations of the Literacy Coalition of Colorado. Dorothea then went on to teach developmental math at Front Range Community College for five years. She has been a board member of the Literacy Coalition of Colorado since 2008. She currently serves as Board Chair.
- Shelby Walsh
- Shelby works at FirstBank in the Loan Review department where she is responsible for managing $7 billion dollars in assets. Shelby sees her work with the Literacy Coalition as an opportunity to help the larger community and fill an unmet need for literacy. Shelby is a native Coloradan. She currently serves as Treasurer for the LCC.
Please CONTACT LCC if you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors.
LOGIN to the secure Board Member section.